Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Lance Armstrong Advantage

Lance Armstrong won his unprecedented seventh win of the Tour de France. He endured various things to get there, compete, and win. There are millions of people who dream of being winners. Dreaming to be a winner is one thing but being a winner is a totally different thing.

Let’s take a very brief look at the Lance Armstrong advantage so we can apply his winning principles to reach elite levels in our lives. I believe that he had an amazing advantage over the other cyclists. Let me share some of his advantages with you.

Advantage One: The Optimistic Vision to Conquer
On Wednesday October 2, 1996 Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with testicular Cancer. Despite his condition spreading to other parts of his body Lance vowed he would beat the disease and ride again as a cyclist. You can see Armstrong’s optimistic vision to conquer what comes his way in action.

Advantage Two: A Life Mission
Lance Armstrong chose staying committed to his cyclist endeavors no matter what. He became an inspiration for cyclists, fans and for cancer survivors around the world. His life mission in one broad stoke grew astronomically. Everyone should have a life mission. Having a life mission is a key to success in life. “What a different story people would have to tell if they would adopt a definite purpose and stand by that purpose until it had time to become an all-consuming purpose.” Napoleon Hill Laws of Success

Advantage Three: Setting Greater Goals
Never aim low shoot for the stars. One must set greater goals for themselves so they can stretch themselves beyond the normal into the extraordinary. This gives you incentive to accomplish more in your life pushing you to go beyond the call of duty.

Advantage Four: The Power of Productive Planning
I heard lance Armstrong say on an interview what gives him the edge when competing in the Tour de Force is he works on climbing the mountains. I found this to be a brilliant way to have an edge over other cyclists. Most people prepare to finish a race by a certain time, just finishing and so fourth. It gives you an edge when you know that in a certain area you will excel working your hardest. This brings us to his next advantage.

Advantage Five: Championship Attitude
I am a winner in all that I do. I keep my mind fixated upon crossing the finish line and remaining focused at all times. My age or situation does not dictate what my results will be. I keep my mind fixated on my game plan remaining calm.

Advantage Six: Creating Super Synergy
Lance motivated his team to perform on a higher level. He created enough enthusiastic effort of his peers catapulting them to majestic heights. Great leaders are masters of creating super synergy.

Advantage Seven: Championship Endurance
I have more than enough endurance to reach every goal I set. I align my goals so they will collapse each other displaying a domino effect. I pace myself through each phase until I reach the finish line. I repeat my steps because they continuously give me the edge in life to go the distance. Now you know what gave Lance Armstrong an advantage in winning. You can apply these advantages to your life and be an outstanding winner in life.

“Success has –U- in it so proceed with confidence.” Arthur R. Barnes

"The world cares very little about what a man or woman knows; it is what a man or woman is able to do that counts."
Booker T. Washington

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home