Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Learning to Be Grateful

On last Friday my mother and I went to go see my aunt Flora in the hospital. My aunt Flora has been in the hospital for over a year after having 2 strokes that left her paralyzed on her left side and caused her to have some brain damage.

I have to admit I haven’t been over to see her in quite sometime. I was amazed that she was in such high spirits. She wrote out on a pad how happy she was to see us, how much she loved us and thank God that she is alive.

I was blown away by the fact that despite her current condition she was still grateful to be alive. Aunt Flora taught me a vital lesson on how much more I have to grow.

Being grateful is part of a lifestyle. One in which we all need to live in. It seems easy to tell someone that when things are going great in your life, but what about when everything is out of whack and things are not working as you would want them to.

I thank God for keeping Aunt Flora and allowing me to step into that experience to teach me to be more grateful in life.

“The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.” ~Eric Hoffer, Reflections On The Human Condition

“God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?" ~William A. Ward

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home