Monday, September 26, 2005

The Magic of Gratitude

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Melody Beattie Author

How many of us can honestly say we exercise a powerful spirit of gratitude? I know I can’t. I always expected receiving only life’s best, but failed being grateful enough for the blessings that were already bestowed upon me. Until most recently that is.

I thank God my eyes are now opened to see the magnitude of gratitude. I don’t believe people realize how powerful gratitude is. I cannot give you a million dollars today to make you extremely happy. However, I have some million dollar principles that will shower avalanches of abundance upon you.

Gratitude Unlocks the Fullness of Life
One of the greatest discoveries that I ever stumbled upon is that gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. I have existed for 34 years but I have only lived less than half of that time. True life begins when you learn how to be thankful. It is then that people realize that trouble don’t last always.

Being grateful changed my life completely. It taught me a valuable lesson to stop existing and start living. I appreciate everything in my life more and more now. Life is more enjoyable when you learn to be grateful.

I learned this after losing one of the most important people to ever come into my life. I wasn’t looking for gratitude at that point in my life. I stumbled upon it like hidden treasure found by a poor man.

Many people don’t realize how powerful gratitude is. If we really knew how powerful gratitude is we would walk around more grateful for what we have in our lives. Instead of moping around complaining looking like ugly Ogre’s in a bad movie. I think many believe that complaining is better.

This is loaded with very rich information. One of the best things you can do for your life is buy a notebook and label it your gratitude journal. Yes that is right.

For five days out of the week write down the things you are happy and grateful for today. Be sure to do it when you awake or before you go to bed. On the weekend go over your entries for the week. This journal is not only to show you how good life is to you. But it acts as a powerful magnet to attracting more of the things that you want in life. The more grateful experiences and things inside of it the more grateful things will happen outside of it.

"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life."
--Christiane Northrup"

That is the magic of gratitude. Now go out there and make your own magic happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home