Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Perception Deception

Have you ever been caught doing something that you weren’t supposed to do?

Did you dwell upon being punished for your crime or misdemeanor against whomever or whatever you transgressed against?

I have been there before. Getting caught cursing while fighting with someone when I was about eight years old. I just knew I would get the lynching of a lifetime from my parents.

I received a spanking from my dad. But you know what? It wasn’t as bad as I imagined it was going to be.

Oftentimes, we perceive the worst is going to happen to us. We conjure up those what’s the worst that can happen ideas and sprint with them. I call this the perception deception because we allow our perception of events to deceive us.

Our perception is our reality. By changing our perception of an event we change the reality of that event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home