Friday, April 07, 2006

Changing Your Course

Have you ever reached a point in your life when you said enough is enough it is time for a change?

I know that I have been there before.

In fact, I can recall many years ago when I used to work as a security officer at a particular firm. Let’s call them ABC Security (the name has been changed to protect the innocent). I used to protect property and deter crime from happening at different locations they had in the New York metropolitan area.

I enjoyed being a security officer, but knew that was not my destiny.

I didn’t believe I had many transferable skills to parlay into another occupation, but I did.

ABC Security was the bottom of a leaking barrel. They paid their security officers a measly salary, demanded a great deal from their officers, were rude and very disrespectful to their employees. I knew that I didn’t want to work for them long. In fact, in my mind I was already through with doing security work. I wanted more.

I began to study how I could break into magazine publications. I set out on a course to never work for anyone who couldn’t respect it’s employers and didn’t pay me what I was worth. I designed a strategic plan to not only leave this job but pursue my dream of working for a publication.

By faith, I stepped out believing that my dream would be a reality. I left ABC Security with no regrets and walked into publications. Since then I have worked for more than six different magazines, four of them are international.

Here is what I did to make it all happen and you can do so too.

Studied What I wanted to Do Profusely
Projected My focus on What I truly Desired
Believing Wholeheartedly My Desire was Attainable
Designing your Blueprint for Success
Work Your Plan Daily
Keep On Keeping On

This too can change your course by bringing fourth an abundance of unlimited resources and opportunities of a lifetime. Believe in yourself, apply this formula and experience some amazing things. You will love the results. I guarantee it.

"If you employed study, thinking, and planning time daily, you could develop and use the power that can change the course of your destiny." ~ W. Clement Stone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home