Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Drop it and Get Rid of It

I have a habit of carrying a large bag with me daily to work. Since I am a writer I always keep various tools at my finger tips. When others attempt to carry my bag they ask what do you have inside this bag? I often laugh then respond by saying my books that I am reading and all of my writing essentials.

I am slowly learning to wean myself off of the bag and carry a folder with my tools in it. The same way I lug around a heavy bag filled with writing essentials there are many people who are holding on to their own bags.

I am not talking about a writer’s bag such as mines. I am talking about bags of issues. What I am about to share with you can save you tons of headaches and heartache.

Some people have little brown bags while others have Hefty garbage bags.

Some people have back packs and some people have army sacks.

Some people have Samsonite suitcases while others carry trunks.

Some people carry so much baggage that you would think they are an airport baggage area.

I want to share something with you. Whatever size bag that you are carrying you can get rid of the size and go for something a little more compact. Just start there and move down as you go. Until eventually you have no more bags left. Your burdens will no longer be heavy on your back. No longer will they give you wear and tear on your body.

It is your job to let things go. Life will be a whole lot better for you if you do. I want to leave you with this. Stop holding on to those bags for dear life! They are only slowing you down. They are only breaking you down.

Can you imagine what our houses would smell like if we continued filling our hefty bags with trash and never disposed of them? The stench alone would kill us. The same way we get rid of our trash bags we need to get rid of our issue bags. Let them go.

Don’t walk around carrying all those bags on your back.


"Suffering is not holding you, you are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting suffering go, then you'll come to realize what you were dragging around with you. And for that, no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival...because when you are unhappy, you also throw unhappiness all around." ~Osho

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home