Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Election Day Blues

It’s Election Day all over again here in NY. Rock the vote, rap the vote, vote or die, all of those slogans and no good candidates running for the Mayor’s seat. I am not here to endorse anyone. However, I will say this if I was from Jersey I would be happy it is Election Day.

I think New Jersey’s race for Governor is more exciting than the race to see who will be New York’s Mayor. I never thought I would say that, but I must let the truth be told.

I am posting this so all of you who are registered to vote get out there and vote.

Make sure you make your vote count. I have friends and family who don’t feel motivated to vote. I know how it feels to not be excited or enthusiatic about voting.

You might be suffering from the Election Day blues. I have been there before.

Well the only cure for the Election Day blues is get out there and vote. The weather is nice outside. You might get to leave work early. Go pull that lever if you haven’t done it already.

People died to have the privilege to vote. So go out there and cast your vote. If you don’t like whose running fro office then maybe you should be preparing yourself to get out there to get on the ballot next time around.

Stop talking about what is not right with this candidate and wrong with the other. Go do something about it. President John F. Kennedy once said “Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home