Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Student of Situations

“Study the situation thoroughly, go over in your imagination the various courses of action possible to you and the consequences which can and may follow from each course. Pick out the course which gives the most promise and go ahead."
- Dr. Maxwell Maltz

“You think you know it all” my cousin roared at me. I smiled then replied “I don’t think I know everything cousin. I make it my business to be very well versed in many areas. I am a student of situational solutions." This not only silenced him, but chiseled bewilderment upon his face.

There is no greater joy to be well versed in many areas of life. I mean at gatherings I am a wealth words to bestow upon total strangers. When most conversations come up I am never at a loss for words. When faced with dilemmas I have a vast storehouse of solutions. I take pride in being a solution oriented instead of being solution disoriented.

There are all kinds of students in life. Today we will look at the student of situational solutions.

Many people are prone to focus on problems more than focusing upon a solution. You may ask yourself the question "what happens when a person focuses on a problem more than they focus upon a solution? What happens is fear, worry, doubt and unworthiness to tackle our current problem overcasts our minds. Leaving us paralyzed with procratination and mediocrity.

When people focus on solutions more than they do upon their problems, they cause the wheels of change roll into action. Then our changing solutions begin to roll over our problems and we roll out on top of things. Instead of being rolled over by our problems and left for dead.

In order to be a student of situations we must not only analyze what we are faced with daily. We must study solutions because they are master keys that can unlock trillions of treasures.

Stop being a student of problems/complaints and become a student of situations so you can become more effective at eliminating problems. Fixating your mind on strategic planning will help it find easier solutions.

"Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities -- always see them, for they're always there. "~ Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home