Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sorry, I Can’t Read It

My eyes were bothering me for a couple of days. I put it off until it became a week or so. Then on Wednesday of last week I went to get my eyes checked. When the Optometrist called me in to take the test I was a bit nervous. I hate having to read the lines out loud.

There I sat in the chair, looking at the chart, and saying to myself my eyes are really jacked up. She asked me to read the last line. I replied "sorry, I can’t read it." Then she asked me to read the line above it. I struggled with that line and she made adjustments with the machine so I could see a lot better.

I also found out one of my eyes have a stigmatism. Which means the shape of one is different from the other. It also says just how screwed up my eyes have become since my last pair of eyeglasses were broken. I should have replaced them when they were broken but I waited foolishly.

Before going to the optometrist I squinted to see things at a certain distance.

Before going to the optometrist my eyes felt very weak, heavy, and strained.

Before going to the optometrist I was getting headaches that left me feeling a bit dizzy.

The funny thing is there are a lot of people walking around in life the same way. They have their very own stigmatism. They have something wrong with their focus.

I am not talking about an optometry problem. I am talking about a problem of mental conditioning that keeps a person from focusing on what is important in life.

Focus is the one thing that keeps people locked into our goals, visions, and aspirations in life.

When people don’t have concentrated focus upon a specific thing their focus is on many areas at once. When your focus is on many things at the same time it zaps your energy, makes you unproductive, too busy and not sharp.

Focus on one thing at a time. There is nothing wrong with multitasking to do things that you have to do. However, you do not multi-task focus on 20 things you have to complete. You must focus on one thing at a time. When the task is done move on to the next one.

"Having conceived of his purpose, a person should mentally mark out a straight pathway to its achievement, looking neither to the right nor left." - As A Man Thinketh

Don't get caught up saying "I can't read it" like I was before going to see the optometrist. Set your focus upon your dreams. Stay focused on that what you want to achieve in life. Stay focused until your desire is completed and walk in completeness towards your destiny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home