Monday, November 21, 2005

Failing Your Way to Success

I was a math whiz before algebra. I quickly went from Superman without a weakness to Superman in a room full of kryptonite. It couldn’t get the formulas down right for a while.

My math test scores went from the top 10 papers to the lowest in the class. Mr. Valenottti put all of his student’s papers on the board in the back of the class. My paper looked as if it had been drowned in his red sea of grading. Ouch.

However, I eventually failed my way to success. I began acing algebra tests. Failure fired me up to the top of the class. You can learn a lot from failure.

Are you failing in your relationships? Maybe you have been attracting the wrong type of people in your search for a mate.

Are you failing in getting your book published? John Grisham’s A Time to Kill manuscript was rejected by 28 publishers before he found an unknown publisher who was wiling to do a short run of it. A Time to Kill only sold a disappointing 5,000 copies.

Yet this did not discourage him in his dreams of being a writer. Grisham started on his next book The Firm which he sold movie rights for a hefty price before the book was even finished. This catapulted him to super-success.

So stop looking as if failure has the last say.

“Failure is one of the best ways to stumble upon success.” Arthur R. Barnes

“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” Abraham Lincoln

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home