Tuesday, December 06, 2005

In Hot Pursuit

Whose dream for your life are you following? Is it your parents, family member, or friends? Is it a close friend’s dream for you or just something that came to mind most recently?

If it is not your personal dream you are following or about to follow don’t go that way. Whenever we follow the path someone else has chosen for us we usually go further away from our ideal dreams.

I meet doctors and lawyers who make a great deal of money, but are not happy with their career choice. Many of them have become followers of another person’s dream. Either following in their parents footsteps because it was expected of them to follow in their footsteps.

You are not obligated to live their dreams, but your dreams. I hate to see people racing down the pathway of another person’s dream. These individuals are racing to achieve an unfulfilled life without even being aware of it.

People in hot pursuit of other people’s dreams experience feelings of depression, frustration, high-stress levels, feeling incomplete, unfulfilled and so fourth.

A few times I have attempted following the dream of someone else. Each time I started off in a direction that was not my own, I stopped and said to myself “hey this isn’t me.” That is all it ever took for me to abandon their path and get back on my own.

Whose dream are you in hot pursuit of? Be in hot pursuit of your own dreams. Life is much better when you pursue your own dreams. Be a trailblazer on your own course instead of a pathfinder of others people’s dreams. In closing I will leave you with these thoughts.

“Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.”James Allen

"What dreaming does is give us the fluidity to enter into other worlds by destroying our sense of knowing this world...Dreaming is a journey of unthinkable dimensions, a journey that, making us perceive everything we can humanly perceive, makes the assemblage point jump outside the human domain and perceive the inconceivable." Carlos Castenada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home